500g chicken breast or thigh
440g can unsweetened pineapple pieces
1 green capsicum
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
- Wash your hands.
- Put 10 skewers into a tray of water to soak while you prepare the ingredients.
- Strain the pineapple pieces over a large bowl and keep the juice.
- In bowl with the pineapple juice, stir in the soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and place into the bowl with the juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Carefully chop the capsicum into 2cm pieces. Slice the mushrooms and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Onto the skewer thread a cube of chicken, then a piece of capsicum, tomato and pineapple. Repeat the pattern until each of the skewers is full.
- Grill the skewers on the barbecue. Ask an adult to help cook the kebabs for 10 minutes, turning them over once or twice until the chicken is cooked through.
SMARTY TIP: Serve the skewers with rice or a tossed salad.