1tbs vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 pak choi
1tsp grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs soy sauce, low salt
1 tbs brown sugar
- Wash hands.
- Wash the pak choi and chop the stems into chunks. Keep the leaves whole as they don’t take as long to cook.
- Heat both oils in a large frypan or wok over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the pak choi stems and cook for 2 minutes then add the leaves and cook for another 2 minutes or until they become bright green.
- Place the pak choi onto a serving plate.
- Add the stock, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the pan. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pak choi and serve immediately.
SMARTY TIP: Serve this as a delicious side vegetable for chicken or beef dishes.