1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 small cauliflower
15g melted butter
30g cheddar cheese, extra
3 tbs plain flour
2 cups milk
3/4 cup cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
- Wash hands.
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Boil them in salted water until only just tender. Drain and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and use a wooden spoon to combine them both. Cook for 1 minute over the heat.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring each time until smooth. Continue to stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the grated cheese, stirring it until it melts. Set the sauce aside.
- Prepare a 20cm square casserole dish by brushing it with oil or butter. Then, put a third of the sauce over the base and arrange the cooked cauliflower on top. Pour the rest of the sauce over the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine the fresh breadcrumbs, extra melted butter and extra grated cheese. Sprinkle this over the top of the cauliflower.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.