500g large strawberries
300g milk chocolate
- Wash hands.
- Wash and dry the strawberries but keep the hull and green leaves attached.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- To melt the chocolate, choose a heat proof bowl that sits snuggly over top of a saucepan. Fill the saucepan with water making sure that it doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl when it is sitting on top. Bring it to a steady boil.
- Break the chocolate into the bowl and let it sit over the boiling water. Stir the chocolate with a metal spoon until it is fully melted.
- Remove from the heat but leave the bowl sitting on the saucepan so that the chocolate stays soft.
- Holding the leaves of the strawberries, dip each one in the chocolate and then place on the tray. When completed, put the tray into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
SMARTY TIP: White chocolate and dark chocolate would also be delicious on strawberries. These would make a wonderful gift for mum and dad on Mothers or Fathers Day.