2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups cooked rice
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 bacon rashers, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 tbs soy sauce
Salt and pepper
- Wash hands.
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add half the oil.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, tilting the wok so that the egg spreads out like an omelette. Cook for 2 minutes then use a spatula to flip it over to cook the other side for 1 minute. Transfer it to a plate and cut it into thin strips.
- Put the wok on to medium-high heat and add the rest of the oil.
- Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes until golden. Add the carrots, then the spring onions, peas and rice. Use a spatula to break the rice up and keep stirring the mix for 4 minutes until heated through.
- Return the egg strips and add the soy sauce to the wok and stir until all of the ingredients are hot. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
SMARTY TIP: Fried rice is a great way to use left-over rice but if not, cook 1 cup of dry rice earlier in the day so that it has time to cool down before cooking.