2 small tomatoes
Mayonnaise (in squeezy bottle)
- Wash hands.
- To hard boil the eggs, half fill a small saucepan with cold water. Gently place the eggs in the saucepan and add more water so that they are covered.
- Bring the water to the boil over medium heat and then reduce to a simmer for 6 minutes.
- Let the eggs sit in the hot water for about 10 minutes then put them into cold water for 10 minutes.
- When the eggs are cool, peel the shell.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds in the middle.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and spread it onto a plate.
- Place the eggs on the lettuce. If they won’t stand, cut a small slice off the bottom.
- Carefully place a tomato half on each of the eggs like a hat.
- Use the squeezy bottle of mayonnaise to make dots on the tomatoes to make them look like mushrooms.
SMARTY TIP: Very fresh eggs are difficult to peel as the shell sticks to the egg. Instead, use eggs that are a few weeks old but that are still in date.