4 slices thick-sliced bread
1/2 cup milk
1 tbs butter
1/2 tbs canola oil
- Wash hands.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a large bowl until combined.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to medium.
- Add butter and oil to the pan; use a paper towel to spread it all over.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg, making sure it is coated on both sides and put it straight into the frypan.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes on one side and when it is golden brown, use an egg slice to flip it over.
- Cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Serve plain or with maple syrup.
TIP: Add cinnamon and 1/2 tsp sugar to the egg wash for a sweeter flavour.