Grow a mini herb and vegetable garden with just a bag of potting mix and some seedlings. No pot needed! They will grow in front of your eyes if you use premium potting mix.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 bag of premium potting mix
5 or 6 herbs or vegetables
- Place the bag of potting mix in the place that it is going stay. It would be best if it is on gravel, free draining sand or a rubber mat with holes in it. Don’t leave it on a timber deck as the moisture underneath might cause damage.
- Flatten the bag on the floor. Poke at least 8 drainage holes in the plastic.
- Flip the bag over and flatten it out again.
- Cut a square hole in the top of the bag leaving the sides of the bag to hold in the soil.
- Use a dibbler or fat stick to make six holes in the potting mix.
- Put a seedling in each hole, gently pushing the soil around the root ball.
- Water the seedlings lightly and water every day so that the potting mix doesn’t dry out.
TRY DIFFERENT PLANTING COMBINATIONS
- Sweet basil, dwarf cherry tomato, chives, coriander
Lettuce, rocket, spring onions
Capsicum, dwarf cherry tomato, basil
A mixture of continuous harvest lettuces.