2 bunches Italian parsley (150g)
1 red onion, chopped
5 tbs olive oil
1 cup cracked wheat (burghul)
1 cup water, boiled
Salt and pepper
- Wash hands.
- Combine the boiling water and the cracked wheat in a small bowl. Stir and cover with cling wrap. Set aside until cool.
- Place the Italian parsley and red onion in a food processor and blend for just a minute until they are finelly chopped.
- Scrape the parsley mix into a large salad bowl. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
- Juice the lemons and pour this over the tomatoes and parsley. Mix through the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cool cracked wheat to the bowl and combine all of the ingredients. Refrigerate before serving.
SMARTY TIP: Tabouli can be stored for two days in the fridge.