800g turkey mince
2 slices bread
1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, grated
2 tbs barbecue sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
2 tbs barbecue sauce, extra
- Wash hands.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a large loaf tin by brushing the inside with oil.
- Use a small blender to make the bread into bread crumbs.
- Place the turkey mince into a large bowl and add the onion, carrot, barbecue sauce, bread crumbs, egg and salt and pepper.
- Use your clean hands to combine this mix really well.
- Place the mix into the loaf tin and flatten out the top. Spread the extra barbecue sauce over the top.
- Cook the turkey meatloaf in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Slice and serve hot with vegetables or salad.
SMARTY TIP: Turkey mince is delicious in this recipe but beef mince would also be nice. Leftover meatloaf can be served the next day for lunch.