4 medium sized potatoes
- Wash hands.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the potatoes and use a fork to poke the skin of each at least four times.
- Put the potatoes on a paper towel in the microwave. Cook on high for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Take the potatoes out of the microwave and let them sit for about 5 minutes until they cool down a little.
- Place one potato on a cutting board. Find a flat object such as a tray or a small frying pan and rest it on top of the potato then push down evenly to squash the potato. Only squash the potato until it is about 2cm thick; it should still hold together. Repeat with the other potatoes.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper. Put each of the smashed potatoes on the tray.
- Brush the tops of each of the potatoes really well with olive oil. Sprinkle over some sea salt. Remove the leaves from the thyme stems and sprinkle some of these over the potatoes as well.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for between 20 and 30 minutes until they are golden brown and a little bit crispy on the tips. Serve hot.