Do you know who the ‘Mousekateers’ were? Ask mum or dad to tell you and then have some fun cooking these delicious Mouse-Carrot-Ears!
500g beef mince
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 small onion, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 carrot, grated
2 tbs tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
1 carrot, sliced
Chives or spring onions
Coriander seeds or peas
- Wash hands.
- In a bowl, combine the mince, breadcrumbs, onion, zucchini and grated carrot.
- Add the egg and the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use your clean hands to really mash everything together.
- Use a small icecream scoop to spoon out balls of mince into your hand and then roll it into a neat mouse body.
- Continue with the remaining meat mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the meatballs, turning them occasionally so that all sides are brown. Drain them on paper towel.
- Use the discs of sliced carrots to give the mice ears and use the chives or spring onions for a tail.
- Add coriander seeds or green peas as eyes.
- Serve the meatballs hot or cold with tomato sauce. Don’t forget a bed of lettuce for the mice to sit on and perhaps a few squares of cheese.