National Curriculum Area/s: Science
Year Level(s): Year Four to Year Seven
- Discover the reasons why plants require water
- Understand the processes of photosynthesis and transpiration
- Identify how much water certain plants require
- Recognise that plants require differing amounts watering depending on the situation they are growing in.
- Conduct a simple experiment
- Measure, record and analyse data
Students will weigh and measure plants throughout the course of a day to find out how much water is lost through photosynthesis and evaporation.
It would be useful for students to understand that 10mL of water equals 10g of water.
This experiment will allow further investigation into transpiration, evaporation and photosynthesis.