4 ripe bananas
100g milk chocolate bits
Chopped nuts (optional)
- Don’t peel the bananas. Use a knife to cut them lengthwise, without cutting through the skin at the bottom.
- Push a quarter of the chocolate and 3 marshmallows into each banana.
- Wrap the filled banana tightly in foil.
- Repeat this with the other bananas.
- Barbecue for 5 to 10 minutes turning once until the chocolate has melted and the banana feels soft when squeezed with the tongs.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped nuts.
SMARTY TIP: Bananas can also be baked in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes.