200g softened cream cheese
1 jar semi sun-dried tomatoes
Bunch of fresh thyme
- Wash hands.
- Wash the cucumbers. Chop off the ends of the cucumber and use a peeler to peel off most of the skin leaving thin strips for decoration.
- Cut the cucumbers into 2 cm thick disks.
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese so that it becomes soft and smooth. Place the cream cheese into a large decorating bag with a large star tip.
- Swirl the cream cheese onto the top of the cucumber disks.
- Cut the semi sun-dried tomatoes into strips and place one on each cucumber disk, folding it so that it sits neatly on the top.
- Garnish each cucumber with a few thyme leaves.
- Arrange the rounds on to a serving platter. Serve as an entree or for a refreshing snack at parties.
SMARTY TIP: If you don’t have a decorating bag, use two teaspoons to put a dob of cream cheese on to each piece of cucumber. It will look just as attractive.