6 red capsicums
- Wash hands.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Remove the stalk. Cut the capsicums into half and remove the seeds.
- Place the capsicum on an oven tray with the skin side up. Roast in the oven until the skin turns black an blisters. Don’t worry, it is supposed to turn black!
- Remove the capsicums from an oven and place them in a large plastic bag. Seal it closed and let sit until the capsicums are cool.
- Once cool, use your fingers and paper towel to peel away the skin.
SMARTY TIP: Roasted capsicum can be served with olives and salami as a Tasting Plate before dinner or can be used on pizzas. It is also used in may recipes such as our Roast Capsicum Dip.