2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic. crushed
4 white potatoes
5 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup cream
- Wash hands.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2cm cubes.
- Cut the green part from the leek. Slice the leek in half lengthways and wash between the layers under running water.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onion softens but doesn’t brown.
- Add the potatoes and leek. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Use a stick blender to puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return the saucepan to medium heat. Stir in the cream and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Serve hot.
TIP: Try using evaporated skim milk instead of cream.