2 tomatoes, diced
2 cups English spinach
1/2 cup basil, shredded
6 slices lean bacon, diced
4 pieces day-old bread, diced into cubes
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Use a paper towel to wipe the inside of 4 ramekins (small, oven-proof dishes) with butter.
- Divide the tomato between the ramekins. Then put in the spinach and basil.
- Crack a whole egg over the top of each one.
- Top the egg with the bread and finally the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the bread and cheese is golden and crunchy, about 20 minutes.
TIP: Change the herbs and vegetables to your favourites. Try mushrooms, chives, capsicum, spring onion or even leftover vegetables from last night’s dinner.