500g beef mince
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 small onion, grated
2 tbs tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
- Wash hands.
- In a bowl, combine the mince, breadcrumbs and onion.
- Add the egg and the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use your clean hands to really mash everything together.
- Use a small icecream scoop to spoon out some mince into your hand and then roll it into a neat ball.
- Continue with the remaining meat mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the meatballs, turning them occasionally so that all sides are brown. Drain them on paper towel.
- Serve the meatballs hot or cold with tomato sauce.
SMARTY TIP: These meatballs are delicious served with spaghetti and Italian tomato sauce or at a party with sauce.