5 medium potatoes (Royal Blue or Nadine)
2 tbs butter
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp salt
- Wash hands.
- Peel potatoes. Cut each potato into 6 pieces.
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and fill with cold water until they are covered. Add salt.
- Place the saucepan on the heat and bring the water to the boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the saucepan. Put the saucepan back over low heat and shake the pan until any moisture in the bottom evaporates.
- Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until they are smooth.
- Add the butter and the milk. Use a wooden spoon to stir the potatoes really well until they are fluffy.
- Taste the mashed potatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper.
SMARTY TIP: For a different flavour, add crushed garlic or chopped chives to the mashed potato.