1 large zucchini
1 large carrot
3 rashers bacon (optional)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup oil
Salt and pepper
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 180°Celcius. Prepare a 20 x 24cm baking tray or lamington tin by wiping it with oil.
- Grate the unpeeled zucchini and peeled carrot and place them in a large bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and the bacon and place into the bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, self-raising flour, oil and lightly beaten eggs.
- Mix well with a large spatula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and spread it evenly across the dish.
- Bake the slice for around 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and it is cooked in the middle.
- Slice and serve with a salad.
SMARTY TIP: Zucchini Slice is delicious hot or it can be covered, kept in the fridge and served the next day. It is also great for taking to picnics. If your friends are vegetarians, simply leave out the bacon.