1 cup plain flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup canola oil
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare muffin tins by lining them with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. These are all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and canola oil. These are all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix them together.
- Use a spoon or an icecream scoop to put equal amounts of the mix into each of the paper muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are cooked. Test this by pressing the top; if the muffin bounces back, they are cooked. Serve warm or cold.
- Makes 12.