2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 cups rice bubbles
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease a lamington tray and then line it with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice bubbles, rolled oats, sultanas, cranberries and coconut.
- Ask mum or dad to help you melt the butter, honey and sugar in a saucepan. Simmer for two minutes.
- Pour the melted butter into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix it really well.
- Pile the mixture into the lamington tray and use a large spoon to spread it out and press it down. A great tip is to use a glass with a flat bottom to push the mix down so that it is flat all over.
- Bake the slice in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let the slice cool for about 10 minutes and then cut it into bars. Allow it to cool totally before eating.
Try changing the dried fruit in the ingredients or add choc bits for a different flavour. To make the muesli bars really healthy, add in sesame seeds or sunflower seeds. And, for a really special touch, drizzle melted chocolate over the top.