Sunflowers are amazing plants and imagine what kids must think when these bright yellow flowers peer down on them from above. They are bigger than life!
Have fun growing sunflowers and make this great ‘Sunflower Garden’ for your favourite gardener as a gift that just keeps on giving!
This is all that is needed to make a Sunflower Garden:
- Printed copies of the sunflower garden template.
- Textas, crayons and pencils. Creative kids may even like to use glitter!
- Craft or PVA glue
How to make the Sunflower Garden:
1. Colour the sunflower with bright textas and pencils.
2. Cut around the outside edge of the sunflower.
3. Apply a good layer of glue to the centre circle of the sunflower and place some sunflower seeds on to the glue. Press them down firmly.
4. Place the sunflower aside for the glue to dry.
Planting the Sunflower Garden:
Once the glue has dried, the sunflower garden is ready to be planted in a sunny spot in the garden. Prepare the garden bed by digging in some compost or organic matter through the topsoil then scrape a few centimetres off the top. Lay the sunflower garden flat on top of the soil and then cover it back over with the soil that’s on the side so that it can’t be seen. Water the garden bed well and keep it moist for a few weeks. Soon, the sunflowers will sprout and grow into beautiful tall plants with big yellow heads that move to follow the sun.
This is a great gift that just keeps on giving!