500g pumpkin, peeled
1 litre chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Wash your hands well.
- Cut the pumpkin into large chunks. Peel and dice the onion and the carrots. Put all of the vegetables into a large saucepan and pour over the chicken stock. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bring the liquid to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for between 20 and 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Allow it to cool slightly and then use stick blender to puree the vegetables and liquid until it is a smooth consistency.
- Return to the heat and warm through just a little before serving.
- Serve with a scattering of chopped parsley or chives over the top.
SMARTY TIP: This pumpkin soup doesn’t have cream or milk so is low fat but still delicious. It is fantastic for freezing and is easily defrosted in the microwave.