Who would have thought that zucchinis can be used to make a delicious, sweet bread? Give it a go. We dare you!
2 cups self raising flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare a loaf tin by greasing it then lining it with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sifted flour with the rest of the ingredients. Use a large spoon or spatula to stir the mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked. Test if it is cooked by inserting a knife; if it comes out clean, the loaf is cooked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack.
- Serve it warm or toasted with butter.