This is a delicious alternative to mashed potato and it’s good for you too!
1 whole cauliflower
3 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 can cannellini beans
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Use a small knife to cut the cauliflower into florets. Florets are those tiny little branches that you see when you turn the cauliflower upside down or cut it in half.
- Put all of the florets into a bowl and drizzle over the olive oil and then sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Toss the florets in the bowl until they are covered with the oil then spread the florets into a baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and is golden on the top.
- Put the cauliflower into a food processor and blend for a minute or two.
- Drain the can of cannellini beans and add these into the food processor too. Blend until the mix is creamy although it won’t be completely smooth.
- Taste the mix and add a little more salt and pepper if you think it needs more seasoning.
- Serve this delicious Roasted Cauliflower Mash with steak, chicken or other vegetables.