1 cup plain flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups grated carrot
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup melted butter
- Wash hands.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare a muffin tray by lining it with paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg. Then add the orange juice, butter and sugar. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add the egg mix into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix them together with a spatula.
- Add the grated carrot and combine well.
- Use a spoon or an icecream scoop to put equal amounts of the mix into each of the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Check if they are cooked by pressing the top; if they bounce back, they are cooked. Serve warm or cold.
- Makes 12.