2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
- Wash hands. Ask a parent for help with the food processor.
- Prepare a muffin pan by putting a paper muffin case in each one.
- Wash the orange well then cut the top and the bottom of the orange. Don’t peel it.
- Cut the orange into quarters and then each quarter into pieces. Remove all of the seeds.
- Place the chopped orange, including the skin, into a food processor. Add the sugar then process the orange until it is chopped and quite mushy.
- Add the egg and juice to the processor. Melt the butter and add that too. Process the ingredients until they are combined.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb soda.
- Pour the orange mixture from the food processor into the bowl with the flour and use a spatula to combine it until just combined.
- Use an icecream scoop to share the mix into the muffin pans.
- Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12.