Students work in small groups to write and illustrate a story for their Buddies, whether older or younger. Teachers of younger students can use this as a whole class activity to model the structure of a narrative. Older students can use this to reinforce their knowledge of narrative writing.
Suitable for Years 2 – 6. (Modifications included).
National Curriculum area/s: English
- Language – Expressing and developing ideas
- Literature – Examining literature
- Literature – Creating literature
- Literacy – Texts in Context
- Literacy – Interpreting, analysing, evaluating
- Literacy – Creating Texts
Smarty Plants is interested in hearing from teachers with feedback or suggestions on this plan so that we can improve it for others to benefit. Please contact us by email or through our blog.