170g butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup sultanas
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare baking tray by lining it with baking paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the softened butter and brown sugar for about 2 minutes until it is really well combined.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat for another minute. Remove the bowl from the electric mixer.
- Sift in the flour, bicarb soda, salt and cinnamon. Use a wooden spoon to stir everything together.
- Stir in the rolled oats and sultanas.
- Place spoon fulls of the mix onto the baking paper making sure that there is at least 4cm space between each one so that they have space to spread.
- Wet your fingers or use a fork and gently press the cookies until they are about 1cm thick.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and after a couple of minutes, use a spatula to place them on a wire rack to allow them to cool.
- Makes 24.