3 medium beetroots
1/4 purple cabbage
2 cloves garlic
750mL vegetable stock
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- Wash hands.
- Peel and grate the beetroots. Wear gloves so that your hands don’t turn purple.
- Shred the cabbage finely.
- Peel and chop the onions. Crush the garlic in a garlic press.
- Place all four ingredients into a large saucepan and add the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then, use a stick blender to blend the mix into a smooth liquid.
- Return the soup to the heat and warm gently. Stir through the sour cream
SMARTY TIP: A food processor or blender can be used to puree the mix instead of a stick blender.