3 rashes of bacon
1tbs olive oil
500g Brussels sprouts
Salt and pepper
1 cup chicken stock
- Wash your hands well.
- Use a small knife to trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts. Large sprouts can be cut in half so that they all cook evenly. Cut the bacon into small pieces and finely chop the onion.
- Put a frypan onto medium high heat and place the bacon pieces into it straight away. Stir the bacon occasionally and when it is brown, remove it to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and when heated, saute the onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir them around so that they are coated in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute the Brussels sprouts for three minutes and then add the chicken broth. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and then reduce the heat so that the liquid simmers. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the sprouts and place them into a serving bowl. Top them with the cooked bacon bits.