Fruit of choice – banana, melons, kiwi, strawberries
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup plain flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp caster sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tbs melted butter
- Wash hands.
- To make the crepe batter, combine the plain flour, milk, eggs, caster sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk until the mix is smooth. Alternatively, use a food processor or stick blender. Cover and set aside whilst you prepare the fruit.
- Cut up all the fruit and put it into the bowl. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top and stir. The acid in the lemon will stop the fruit from turning brown.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and use a brush or paper towel to wipe the base with butter.
- Use a ladle to pour in just enough batter to cover the base of the pan then tilt the pan so that it spreads evenly.
- Cook the crepe for 1 minute. Lift the edge to see if it is golden underneath and if it is, use a spatula to flip the crepe to cook the other side for just 1 minute.
- Transfer the crepe to a warm plate and cover with foil to keep warm whilst you make more. Brush the pan with more butter if necessary.
- To serve the crepes, put one on a plate and place some of the mixed fruit down the centre. Roll the crepe around the fruit. Put a few more pieces of fruit on the top and drizzle with maple syrup.
SMARTY TIP: Crepes can be frozen by placing a piece of baking paper between each one and putting them in the freezer flat in a plastic bag.