1kg potatoes, Nadine or Desiree
1/2 tbs sea salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbs dried thyme
- Wash hands.
- Preheat oven to 220°Celcius.
- Use a vegetable brush to scrub the skin of the potatoes then cut them into wedges. You will probably get 6 pieces from each potato.
- Place the wedges into a large bowl and drizzle in the olive oil. Toss the wedges so that they are fully coated with oil then sprinkle in the salt and thyme. Toss lightly again.
- Pour the wedges onto the baking tray and arrange so they don’t overlap.
- Bake them in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning them half way through.
- When the wedges are golden and crunchy, put them on a serving platter or in basket and serve them with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce or, if you prefer, tomato sauce.